2007年11月24日土曜日

HW 4

I will explain the meaning of english proverbs and sayings about time for Homework 4.

1. Time is money.
Japanese has the same saying. It means that time is as important as money. Now, I know it is!!! Because I have only about a month left until I turns in my thesis... Time goes by so fast:( Time is money!!!

2.A stitch in time saves nine.
Accorning to a website, it says that you use this proverb to say that it is better to spend a little time to deal with problems or act right now than wait. I like this proverb because it makes me notice that problems are never solved if I do not do anything and just wait.


3.There's no time like the present.
It means that there is a chance to do something right now. I think it advise us that if we are afraid, we will miss a great chance.




4. Fashionable late.
I could not find definition of this proverb. So, I guess........... Hmm..... I have no idea about this saying.

3 件のコメント:

sunny さんのコメント...

Hi! haveagoodday!! I like No.3 proverb, because I always have regret in my life. I miss a chance. so I cheer up by it!! Hmm...Fashionable late is difficult for me, too.

strawbarry さんのコメント...

hi, I agree with your opinion. Especially for number 3."There's no time like the present."
there is a chance to do something right now. I was thinking same things that we better do it right or you will miss a chance.

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Did you look at other blogs to find the definition of number 4? To be fashionably late is to be up to 15 minutes late to an event. A curtousy to the hostess.