2008年1月23日水曜日

HW 8 & 9

My Point of View about an Article, "Men retreat from 'hassle' of loving relationships"

Honestly, I giggled when I read the last part of this article. It says, "Onnanoko wa mendoudashi, renraku shinakya-naranaishi, purezento toka okane kakarushi . . . (Girls are a hassle, they expect me to call, I have to buy them gifts and that would cost money)" what??????!!!!!!!!!! Is that the most biggest part of relasionships with girls for guys????!!!! Seriously???!!! If it is true, I wanna ask them, "Have you liked anyone from the bottom of your heart?"

On the other hand, I do not want to blame only guys. If some guys think so, girls make them think so. Some stupid girls ask guys expensive presents, and want to contact with guys all the time. I understand them if it is a way for them to love guys. But, it is quastionable whether they really think of busy guys with their work or whatever. If men are tired of relationships with women, one of the reasons causes women who cannot think of their partners.


About " Meanwhile: English speakers are from Mars"

This is very difficult problems. Actually, it is said that Japanese people are really bad at speaking. They want to speak English fluently, but Japanese English education from junior high school to high school in which they used to spend a lot of time doesn't help them well to meet their goals of being a fluent English speaker. I think there is a big gap between a goal of Japanese English education and one which Japanese people want to achieve.

Even though Japanese people should improve their speaking skill, I do not agree with introduction of English studies at first grade in elementary school. As the article also says, I think that children better study Japanese language first. So, I personally think children begin English at their fifth grade when they finish studying basic Japanese. However, they do not need to study difficult things like grammer. In elementary school, they should get used to English. For example, elementary school have some events with International schools like playing English games, having lunch together or things like that. Children are potintial to communicate with foreign children even if they do not speak the same language.

To sum up, it is necessary to make effective environment for studying English as a second language. If they have interest in English and communicating with foreign people, they are willing to study English.

2 件のコメント:

nyaa さんのコメント...

I also think that if a man loves a woman from the bottom of his heart, then contacting the girl and presents would not be a problem. I also agree that some women demand too much from men.

I think that it would help Japanese children to learn English if English education began in elementary school. Children can learn faster when they are young. Also, don't the children at international schools learn both Japanese and English at the same time? If they can learn English and Japanese at the same time, then I think Japanese children can too!

HJU Teacher さんのコメント...

Excellent work. Thank you foe being a great student in this class. Good luck in your new adventures.